Visit the Warli Tribe
Spend a fun day with Warli artists, learning the importance of this art form and learning to draw and paint yourself! At the end of the workshop, you can keep your paintings as a souvenir.
Discover Warli art, culture and way of life with this unique experience. On this enriching journey we will visit the Warli heartland, only a few hours north of Mumbai. The Warlis are famous all over the world for having an equal, egalitarian society in which men and women work together in a sustainable, eco-friendly way of life. Nature is not exploited or considered a ‘resource’, it is worshipped and respected instead.
They capture their knowledge, beliefs and cultural inheritance into their beautiful paintings, murals and art-forms.
Once in the village, we will learn the significance of and symbolism behind the world-famous Warli paintings, directly from an internationally acclaimed artist, Mr. Sanjay Parhad. Mr. Parhad, whose artwork is displayed in galleries around the world, will also conduct a hands-on session where you will learn to draw and paint these tribal art forms by yourselves. As a souvenir, you will get to take your masterpiece home! You can also purchase paintings and handicrafts directly from the immensely talented tribal artisans.
In the village, we will not just see and learn about the rustic, self-sustainable lifestyle of the tribe, their deep bond with nature, but also understand the problems that they are facing – such as the plagiarism of their designs and their efforts to protect their Intellectual Property.
- Interactive Warli art painting session
- Visit of the village and its organic farms and plantations
- Breakfast and a traditional Warli lunch (vegetarian and organic)
- Opportunity to buy priceless Warli Art directly from local artisans (optional)
- Transport from Mumbai to the Warli Village
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions
How to get there:
The village is located very close to Vangaon railway station on the Western Line. The exact location will only be disclosed upon booking.
- By train (recommended): You can reach there in less than 2 hours from Andheri by taking the 7:38 AM Dahanu Road Fast, which also stops at Borivali, Bhayander and Vasai. Get off at Vangaon station at 9:24 AM and take a short rickshaw ride to the Warli Village.
- By car: Around 130 km from Mumbai (BKC) via the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway. Total time taken to reach is approximately 2-2:30 hours in the morning.
Book a private experience:
If you have any enquiries, please send us an email at email@example.com or contact us at +91-9137279060
Departure Time10:00 am
Return Time2:00 pm
Dress CodeSimple and comfortable
Feel free to read reviews and write your own once you have been on our experience!