This special event hosted by the yoga gurus of Yoveda and heritage walk experts of Swadesee will include an introductory yoga session by yoga guru, Tapan Parikh in Mumbai’s cleanest, greenest and quietest locale – Sanjay Gandhi National park. The yoga session will be followed with an interactive and experiential visit of an incredible site of Mumbai’s ancient heritage – Kanheri Caves.
24th March, 2018
7:15 AM: Assemble at the main gate, SGNP
7:30 AM: Head to a calm, completely serene location inside the park
7:45 AM: Yoga with Tapan Parikh
8:45 AM: Satvik Breakfast (Juice & Fruits)
9:00 AM: Kanheri caves experience with Ravaba Sardar
10:40 AM: Visit a local settlement in the park
10:50 AM: Enjoy fresh, simple vegetarian breakfast
11:15 AM: Experience ends at main gate, SGNP
About our experts:
Tapan Parikh, founder of Yoveda is an international level yoga teacher and a passionate dancer. He has travelled the length and breadth of the country and has conducted over 600 workshops in over 90 institutes, for over 13000 participants from diverse backgrounds. He has a very special yoga session in store for us on the 24th!
Ravaba Sardar, is a practicing Buddhist who lives inside the Sanjay Gandhi National Park. As a result, he lives a rather unique life compared to other Mumbaikars. He also has an incredible repository of knowledge about the park and the Kanheri Caves. There, he will conduct an engaging history session which will culminate in a session of meditation where we will learn about the basic principles of Buddhism.
- Introductory yoga session with Tapan Parikh
- Organic juice and fruits after the yoga session
- Experiential visit of the Kanheri Caves
- Visit of a local settlement inside the national park
- Fresh, simple vegetarian breakfast at the end
- Transport from the main gate and back
- Entrance fees to the park and the caves (up to the amount for Indian nationals)
- Introductory guidebook to yoga worth ₹300 (one for each participant)
- Parking fee of ₹177 per vehicle for those arriving by personal car (please arrive 5-10 minutes earlier to find parking in this case)
- Additional foreigner fee of ₹200 for non-Indians charged by the ASI (Archaeological Survey of India)
For any queries, you may contact Mohit at +91-9920286319 or Tapan at +91-9920074776.