Velas is one of our favourite (and cleanest) beaches on the entire Maharashtra coastline. The Velas villagestay experience includes local Konkani food, a hike through mango plantations, an old Maratha fort and a beach with a turtle conservancy. The entire experience is zero waste and organic!
Our neat and clean homestay is surrounded by mango, supari and coconut plantations, has multiple wells to jump into, a beautiful terrace for stargazing and the nicest hosts ever! All meals will be freshly prepared and cooked by locals in typical lip smacking Konkani fashion.
During the turtle festival you can see baby turtle hatchlings taking their first steps on their way to the Arabian Sea (March 2019). So you could see unique bird life such as a great hornbill, dolphins in the river and turtles on the beach – all in one day!
Contact us if you would like to visit this beautiful coastal village in Ratnagiri district, surrounded by rivers, the Arabian sea and organic mango plantations.
Cost is ₹1699 per person per night on a twin sharing basis for a non AC room – with an attached bathroom.
Trust us, air conditioning is not required if you open the windows and let the sea breeze in, but if you do need it, we can arrange an AC room at an additional cost.
- Overnight accommodation at a local homestay (twin sharing)
- Local Konkani meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – Veg or Non Veg
- Guided hike through dense jungle to Bankot fort
- Turtle hatching sessions every morning and evening during the festival (March 2019)
- Transport to and from Velas village (5:30 hours from Mumbai)
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions