This Museum Day, the charismatic Anita Yewale will lead us through three different museums in Alibaug. Anita is a graphic designer turned history and heritage enthusiast. Besides running her own stationary brand, she works as a docent with various museums and art institutions in the city.
We will assemble at 10 am at the Gateway of India and depart for Mandwa by ferry. Once we arrive at Mandwa we will board our transport and head to the fascinating Dashrath Patel museum. We will then visit The Guild Art Gallery where we will walkthrough the current or ongoing exhibition and meet renowned artists, and then treat ourselves to a delicious local Konkani lunch.
After lunch we will visit the Karmarkar Shilpalaya to see an incredible collection of sculptures. We will then head back to Mandwa to board our ferry back to the Gateway of India by 6:15 pm.
Meeting point: 10 am, 18th May, Gateway of India, Mumbai
- Interactive visit of three spaces – Dashrath Patel Museum, The Guild and the Karmarkar Shilpalaya
- Return ferry costs from Mumbai
- Transport in Alibaug
- Local Konkani lunch (veg or non veg)
- All entrance fees
- Transport to and from the Gateway of India
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions